Friday, June 23, 2006

Long gone


Hey there, I have had some big changes sorry it's been so long. I was very unhappy on the floor I went to at the Queen of the Valley. It is really hard to work without any support staff like nursing assistants. They are a vital part of nursing and have always been a huge part of my career. It's really hard when the staff themselves are unhappy and not helpful. I am now in Salinas California, also known as the salad bowl of California. I am working at the community hospital which is a totally different client population. It's only an 8 week assignment ,which I have not done before so we'll see how that goes. The staff is very helpful and friendly.
We are much closer to the coast so we have been to the beach several times. We saw a church group on the beach and the preacher went in the water and individuals came in to be baptized in the Monterey Bay....very interesting. If you have never been to the Pacific ocean it's very cold...about 53-58 degrees. So it's amazing that the preacher could stay half submerged for 10 minutes. We also went to Seaside California and saw Amish on the beach...I was a little confused. I thought they were stuck on the other side of the country. It just proves you never know what you'll see in California. Remember first do no harm.

1 comment:

The new Third Degree Nurse said...

Did you know that you have the 4th most popular link on my blog? It's the one lots of people look at when they're done looking at my page:)