Sunday, September 24, 2006

Raining again?

That's right I said it was raining again...only this time inside my apartment. There's a first for everything. Traveling for 5 years never had a flood. And who would think, right here in the desert.The sprinkler head in the living room in the apartment above us broke about 4 in the morning on Thursday. I woke to the sound of water running..only it was coming down inside the window in the living room. It was a pretty freaky sight. The water was coming through the ceiling fan and all the sprinkler heads and the vents from the living room to the dining room to the kitchen. Every phone number I called for the complex went to voice mail so I had to call 911. Yeah the cops came and so did a bunch of firemen, but the alarm that was going off got turned off and so did the water. The firemen did decide to put some holes in our ceiling, it was interesting. The poor guy who lives above us had just had a flood a month or so ago I felt so bad for him. But my company ,Banner professional registry and travel, was right on top of things. They called the apartment complex and got them to find me a new apartment. So we moved in the next day. They made it so simple and they were very caring and helpful. It's so nice to have a company care.
Work is great, I really enjoy working at Good Sam. The staff that is there is very knowledgeable and helpful. I never feel alone. Plus, I am all about the overtime and there's plenty of it. I have been working 4 or 5 days a week. The pay has been great especially after not working regularly for a month. Well, as always first do no harm.


No comments: