Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Valley of the Sun


We decided to try the kitchen tile ourselves. I thought it might take 2 days, it took 2 days to prep and start and 2 more for my poor husband to finish alone. I spent 4 out of the 5 days in Columbus helping my husband at the house...I really enjoyed it. So much different than being a nurse. Just as physically demanding but not as emotionally draining. I'd love to do it full time.
How do you like the yellow? Different,huh? I thought it appropriate since I am now in the valley of the sun. It has been beautiful here in Phoenix, alright ,it rained a little, but, it's so much better than the east coast. I just love the views of the mountains. I also love watching the airplanes, they tend to stack up in the sky over the city...at night especially it's a cool sight. Some of my favorite times here have been spent watching the airplanes.
I have passed all my tests and start my orientation tomorrow. It seems I have 4 days of orientation scheduled for the hospital and probably 2 on the unit...they converted to paperless charting since I was here last. So, that's the reason for the extensive orientation.

I was able to get some work from the agency ,CNS, that I signed up with. Granted it was 30 miles away,but it was work. A newer hospital and the unit had just been remodeled , it was really busy and I got little to no orientation. I made it through though...did my 12 hours and drove the 45 min home.

Still debating about a car. My husband is supposed to join me out here in the next 3-4 weeks...I really don't want to own a vehicle and have another bill but renting a car is pretty darn expensive. Still trying to figure that one out.

The house is coming along...just taking longer than we thought.Keep the good thoughts coming.
Remember first do no harm.

1 comment:

JLeonard said...

Glad things are going good on the house. I have figured out to just double how long you think its gonna take. That way your not suprised when it takes longer. Hope all goes well in Phoenix.