Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Roommates

Hi all! The weather sure has cleared this week...sunny and 60-70 degrees. The view just isn't the same without the green leaves or the grapes on the vines. That hasn't stopped me from visiting my favorite winery, V.Sattui. You can only get the wine at the winery but it's worth the trip! It's located just north of here in St. Helena. A nice drive up route 29.
Anyway my roommates arrived Wednesday night. 3 long days trip from PA. They took 80, which I had advised against, but they made good time. There are very few ways to get to California from Nevada one of my least favorites, and now theirs as well, is Donner Pass. Well into March you still have to put chains on the tires to drive over the pass, as they found out. It makes for a long day!
My roommates husband ended up in the Emergency Room of the Queen of the Valley here with an awful headache and nausea and vomiting. They are still trying to pin point the cause. What a way to start an assignment! She made it to orientation the first day but has had to miss the second day, the hospital of course has been wonderful and worked with her to get her working. It's so nice to work somewhere that actually cares about the staff and the travelers.
I started working my night shifts this weekend. It was a little difficult the first night, I had slept the night before and had to take a nap before work. I was sooooo tired the next morning. Last night was my second night and it was really hard. Even though I had slept yesterday, I was really tired last night. So, I'm glad I got a day off!!! Nights are much different from days, usually much slower. It's ok though. Just so you all know, patients don't sleep at night (and neither do the nurses!). They are up just as much and need just as much care. Everyone should try the different shifts before they decide which one is best for them.

No comments: