Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Summertime


So, my nephew was here for a week and we went to see the D'Backs play. It was a good time. My sister was here for 3 days and we just shopped and relaxed. I wish she would have stayed longer...but, that's the sign of a good visit huh? That they leave and you wish they would stay longer, not the other way around.
Plus, I get 4 days off in a row (woohoo)then it's off to Vegas for 3 days. Work has been good, not too busy not too slow. The patients have been much of the usual. Too young to be as sick as they are,but, since they didn't take care of themselves ...they are in the hospital. Most of them smokers, who think they are ok cuz they can still talk and walk, they think they can keep smoking...never mind the fact that they couldn't breathe when they came in or that they just had a triple bypass...they are fine now and all they need is a smoke. Or the alcoholic who was back 2 hours after they were discharged so drunk that they ended up in the ICU....pretty sad.
6 more shifts then I'm off on a new venture. I have a computer class next week for the new hospital...the doctors over there have to enter all theire notes and orders into the computer...yeah! No more bad penmanship!!!!We'll see how well it works. Wish me luck!
Remember..first do no harm.

No comments: