Sunday, December 18, 2005

Returning to Napa

Hi Everyone, Happy holidays! It's cold here in Oklahoma, they lied to me. My sisters said the weather was nice only a week or two of cold . It seems like its been cold for a month and it has snowed! Plus it's going to be snowing again this week. What did I get myself into? Just kidding. I wouldn't trade this time with my family for the world.I even got a new great nephew out of the deal. Great nephew...makes me sound really old doesn't it? My only defense is that I am the youngest of 6.

As my heading says, I am headed back to Napa in January. I'll be staying with another traveler friend of mine and her husband and their 3 dogs. It should be a blast! I haven't had a pet in 5 years because it's just easier to travel without one. My husband will be staying in chilly Oklahoma to run our store. It's called the Estate Sale Store and we are in Moore Oklahoma. We sell new and used furniture and household goods. Like the name says anything you might find at an estate sale. It's doing ok but nursing pay out here is nothing compared to California. We had discussed it when we decided to open the store and said we'd do whatever it takes. I think I'm getting the better end of the deal...all I have to do is work. He has to go to the estate sales and auctions and run the store and pay the bills and take care of himself in cold windy Oklahoma. It will be an adjustment. I'll keep you all updated. I leave January 9th.
Hope everyone has a great holiday season. Stay warm!!!!

No comments: