Thursday, December 08, 2005

SNOW

Well, who would have thought I'd have seen snow twice already this year. Last year...not at all. My husband and I went to Colorado to the Army vs. Air Force football game early last month and it snowed...it was beautiful but unexpected. Then yesterday here in Oklahoma it has snowed ...unbelievable. It's a far cry from the perfect weather of California.
I did an orientation in the ambulatory surgery area of the little hospital (Moore Medical Center) where I am working prn. It was nice...they don't have a full surgery case load yet so it's pretty quiet. It's bascially pre-op out patient stuff. They come in the day of surgery or the day before and get their blood drawn (by the nurse) and fill out the questionaire then radiology comes over and does their chest x-ray and respiratory therapy comes and does their ekg. Then, if it's the day of surgery, we start their IV and have them sign their consent forms and wait. This hospital currently is discharging their surgery patients from the recovery room, most other hospitals send them back over to Ambulatory surgery until they are ready to go home. It was nice so I think I may pick up a few days there as well.
I will be taking an assignment back in Napa, just 8 weeks to start. With the store my huband and I opened he will have to stay behind in Oklahoma and run the store. I decided on only 8 weeks to see how we do apart from each other. We have been together everyday for the last 5 years since I started traveling...so it will be a transition.
Happy holidays,happy blogging...Remember first do no harm.

1 comment:

HypnoKitten said...

What sort of store did you guys open? I used to have a little store - it was really fun.