Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I'm back! I've been in Napa for a week now with a terrible internet connection. I have my laptop with me and was using my Cingular wireless card....Supposedly wireless anywhere....anywhere but where I am I guess. The cable guy showed up today so I am on cable internet...what a relief! It worked very well, I used my wireless card to get to comcast online and never had to pick up the phone! Now what to do with this card?
I have been back at the Queen of the Valley hospital for a week now and after an hour it was like I was just here last week. It is a very odd feeling. Does that mean I'm home? I hope not I can't imagine trying to afford a house here. People are paying $500,000 and think they are getting a deal. If I could afford it for a year or two then sell the house for a profit it would be a good idea. One of the nurses I worked with before here is planning a move to Colorado. He sold his house here and is building a 3000 sq.ft. home in Loveland....and he has money left over.
The floor is busy as ever. They are expanding to the Pediatric unit in another week so right now we are over staffed a bit...floating doesn't bother me. I'm just glad the patient I had problems with is gone. I have had some flashbacks since I've been back...whenever I hear a ventilator alarm it sends chills up my spine. Can nurses have post-traumatic stress from taking care of a difficult patient? I think I have it. Anyway otherwise it's been great to be back...real cardiac tele patients and there was even a code on the floor the other day. I love to watch the dynamics of the floor how everyone just comes together to get something done.
It's been difficult to be here alone, without my husband, and my roommates won't be here for another 2-3 days. I have been passing the time by working and talking on the phone. I'm so glad to have the internet...what did we do before?
The flooding here in Napa is over for the time being. Although it is still raining almost everyday. I hope it stops before my friends arrive, I bragged about the beautiful weather, they might be mad...it can't be any worse than where they were....Cincinnati, yuck! Cold and grey and snowy this time of year. Besides all I have to do is take them to a few wineries and they'll forget all about the weather!
So, glad to be back, I should be able to update my blog easier and more regularly now!

No comments: