Thursday, April 19, 2007

Passed my test

OK,I miss the weather in Phoenix. This is me the week we left Phoenix...I haven't been without a jacket since. The gray skies don't help either. It has been great hanging out with my brother and seeing my Uncle and Aunt. But, I miss being able to go out anytime of day in shorts and seeing the blue sky everyday.
I passed my PBDS test. If I return here within 2 years I won't have to suffer through it again. I thought it was just us travelers that had to take it. It turns out all new staff nurses and agency nurses have to take it, only the travelers can be fired if they don't pass. Did I get a perfect score? No, I don' like tests, but I passed so I'm happy. I am still enduring the orientation process, in a classroom. If they want to pay me to sit all day, I'm there. Yeah, it's boring , and yeah I've heard most of it before, but I'll survive. Our traveler portion of the orientation class is small, was supposed to start out with 10, only 6 showed. The staff portion has 25 people and most of them are going to Grant,like me. Makes me wonder what happened down there, and why they need all of us. I spoke with my manager as well, to get my schedule. I have already been offered overtime and they haven't even met me yet...I'm a little nervous. But, it's only 8 weeks. I start my night shift Sunday...will let you know how it goes.
Remember first do no harm.

No comments: