Monday, June 09, 2008

Moved in and moved on

So, this is a picture that my husband took of our friends when we went on our boat trip. Jeannie has the hat on and Don is her husband (sitting behind her) and Shirley is sitting next to Jeannie. Jeannie and her husband went back to Napa to be with their daughter. It's been a little over a week and I still really miss them. It was nice having friends in town. We moved into our house officially one week ago, last night I got to sleep in my bed.. it was wonderful. When I came home from work I went out back and put my feet in the pool for a while. Then we sat on our double chaise lounge under the stars and talked. The temperature was about 75 or so it was very comfortable.
I had 8 days off (to move in)and then worked 4 in a row. I don't like working 4 in a row. I get really crabby on day 4...I had the same patients for almost the entire 4 days, which, in a perfect world would be great, but, I had the drug seeker who would follow me around in his wheelchair ( I still would like to know who gave him a wheelchair) and ask if it was time for his Dilaudid; I had the slightly confused old guy who cried and complained all day about how awful he felt, no matter what I did or what meds I gave him he felt awful, but he watched tv and ate ice cream at the same time; and the 300+ lb woman with a chest tube who had to be lifted from her air bed to the chair for all her meals. So, it was a very long 4 days.
Today I plan to catch up on some emails and to sit out by my pool. I am scheduled again tomorrow and the next day. Census dropped a little during Memorial day but, we have been full ever since. My boss is trying to get me to go core staff...she has had a traveler there for the last 3 years who is still there and there was another one that moved to a different floor this month who had been there for 2 years...so, I am not going to cave...there are plenty of travel jobs in this city...yes, I like this hospital but, not for a $10/hr pay cut.
Well, hope ya'll have a great day. Remember first do no harm.

No comments: