Saturday, May 24, 2008

Loss

Above is pictured my favorite Uncle. He had a battle with cancer and copd for the last year.He was put in hospice on Thursday of this week and passed on Friday. It makes it all too clear that you must live your life not just be alive. He had a surgery last year which made it possible for him to travel and visit friends and family. The other lesson this has brought home to me is take care of your body and it will take care of you. You cannot over indulge (in anything) and expect not to have any consequences. Ok, I'm off my soap box. He was a great guy, always had a big smile and a kind word. He had a fantastic voice, bass baritone, I loved to hear him sing. I took a travel assignment last year in Columbus Ohio to be near him and my brother and to buy our house there. I am so glad I got to spend that time with him. I hated the job and the weather but it was worth it to spend that time there.
Thanks for listening.
Remember our troops and all those who fought before them...it's Memorial Day. Be a proud American!!!
Non noc nocere.

1 comment:

JLeonard said...

I feel your loss....About this time last year I lost my favorite uncle. It really makes you appreciate the good times you had with him.