Friday, September 05, 2008

Vegas

Hi all,took a few days off for my wedding vow renewal. Here we are after the ceremony in the conservatory at Bellagio. Behind us is a miniature of the Bellagio and a miniature Bellagio fountain...only in America. We did a drive up wedding, it was as expected. I would probably pick a different place next time we went to A Special Memory Wedding Chapel on a Sunday afternoon. It looked pretty deserted, we picked from the "drive up menu" but we were told some of the items they no longer offered like the commemorative photo. I was not really happy about that one...our only option for pictures was a package of 6 which would cost $70...no thanks. We did our vow renewal ($25) and had to pay the "minister" her gratuity (no less than $40) for our 5 minute ceremony. It's was an experience. I found that people are really nice to you if you are wearing a veil..they'll even take your picture and not steal your camera!!
This week I started at my new assignment, 8 miles in the opposite direction of the other hospital. I find that a new building and "healing" surroundings doesn't actually change how it operates. It's the same stuff in a prettier package. Same amount of patients going and coming and no team work. The charge nurses are still just a voice on the vocera or a piece of paper on your desk with another patient's name on it. No thought to how many patients you have already admitted or even ask if you've had a break, she was nice enough to take report for me so that I had absolutely no warning that my patient was coming and then poof she was just there in the room. Yeah, it's like that.
I do miss my friends at the other assignment.. I was hoping to go back there prn but, I don't know if that will be possible either. Computer glitches might prevent it.
Sometimes I do wonder why I continue in this field, then I get the paycheck and the reasons are a little clearer...sometimes I even get a thank you and then I know why. Non noc nocere my friends.

No comments: