Monday, September 22, 2008

Workin in the desert

Well, it's been another week ...that means 10 more to go before I get to get outta this hospital. How to survive a travel assignment you hate: grin and bear it, make the most of it, just do your job to the best of your ability. It all sounds like good advise doesn't it? Some people would just up and quit..find a different assignment in a different hospital, I've done that as well. Burning your bridges is never a good idea...hospitals can change when the staff changes or they start losing enough nurses they figure out what's wrong. Plus if you like your travel company, you don't want to piss them off either. Yeah, it's a tough spot. If you really feel like your license is in danger I say by all means call your recruiter and tell them and don't put yourself back in that situation. I have done that, when I was in San Pablo CA..it was absolutely awful..I called my recruiter and I got another assignment...never went back. This hospital, it's just irritating stuff.I will refuse to take ER patients when I get sent back to the ER...that's because it is not in my scope of practice...hopefully they will refuse to have me back. Other than that I will continue to communicate my dislike for the units and staff and the assignments I am given in a constructive manner to my agency. Not that it will get me anywhere but it will have it documented. Wish me luck.
Non noc nocere.

No comments: