Sunday, December 07, 2008

New position

Ahh, Christmas in Arizona. Ya gotta love the decorated palm trees and cactus. Oh, and the weather it's getting a little cooler 40 at night but still up well into the 70's during the day.
I had my 2 days of orientation fro the hospital this past week and I actually learned some things. I had 2 days of orientation on the floor this weekend and next week I'm on my own. The unit I am now assigned to has had a huge turn over in the last few months. There are a bunch of newbies...like less than a year under their belts. It's kinda scary because these folks are some of the really sick. They need people to be on top of their game and to be able to spot a problem in the earliest stages, which can only come with experience. Things like an transvenous pacemaker, gun shot wounds and lots of chest tubes are being sent to this unit. So, wish me luck. As always Non noc nocere.

No comments: