Saturday, November 29, 2008

Stayin in Arizona

Yeah, how bad can it be to live here year round? Well, I've been here over a year already, survived my first summer, and I still love the weather. How can you not? If it's too hot, drive an hour or so and you are in the mountains. If it's too cold or wet up there, come down to the valley. More sunshine than grey, more heat than cool, what more could you ask for. Ok, maybe a beach, but that's it.
I am a victim of the crappy economy. All the hospitals are tightening their belts, they may not need to but, it's a good excuse. I am now officially a Banner staff member. I got a pretty good rate, plus the insurance is incredibly cheaper, and PTO when they call me off like this week. I tried everything this week to work...the only day I wasn't signed up was Monday...I only worked 32 hours...that sucks. But, Monday I get to go to orientation, again. Yeah, free money, maybe I'll get some orientation on the floor or maybe they will send me to computer class again,lol.
It's been a good ride. If I wanted to work nights in Oregon or days in Rhode Island I could have gotten a travel position. But, I'm beyond all that. I've been nursing way too long to put myself in an uncomfortable position again. Not that a staff position is all that, it's just something different for a while.
Non noc nocere

1 comment:

JLeonard said...

My dear you are complaining about not having a beach? LOL. Look around you, you live in the desert. It's a big 'ole beach without the water. Glad to see things are going good for you. And thanks for the positive comments on my blog. You and my other friends have been a great source of encouragement this past year.