Sunday, November 16, 2008

What's next?

Aahhh, Phoenix in the winter. Dang, you just can't beat this weather, how did I live for so many years in the frozen north? It was 73 degrees at 7:30 last night on my way home from work...amazing. And sunny everyday...the days it is gray are so rare, what a switch from Cleveland.
Well, traveling is getting a little more difficult and not paying as well. I got offered $28/hr blended in California...yuck. As a matter of fact, I cannot find a contract in the state of Arizona at all...so, I think I will be making the plunge into staff nursing. Wow, never thought I'd say that. I just really like my life the way it is right now, and I don't want it to change. I don't want to leave my husband for a job somewhere else again...so, I guess Arizona is my home for awhile. My new boss to be seems very accommodating. She has let a majority of her staff take off weeks at a time for personal reasons or for the holidays. No, I don't love everything about the job or the idea of a pay cut, but, it's better than no job. And it's better than night shift somewhere or ending up in a situation like I had a the other hospital I transferred to. I have already been here 11 months...at this hospital, and been here in Phoenix just over a year. It'll be hard to get used to getting paid every 2 weeks but having PTO will be a nice switch. Yeah, everyone is still complaining about not getting any over time but I think they are just complaining to be complaining... I see them at the hospital everytime I am there...and I'm getting my 4-5 days a week. Gotta let it go, let them keep complaining and see where it gets them, huh?
Well, say a prayer for our troops, take care of yourselves...non noc nocere.

No comments: