Monday, October 01, 2007

Working away


Work at the house continues, slowly the rooms are getting painted and the little things are getting done. Not fast enough for me or my husband though. It's been a long time apart to get this done. I know it will be worth it in the end. Just hard right now.

Hey all, the weather here has been great. Nice and cool in the mornings still a bit warm in the evenings but you won't hear me complain. I worked at my travel job on Saturday and Sunday....it was nice to be "home". I worked with my friends on Saturday and floated to Med surg on Sunday...hey if they want to pay me tele wages to work med surg I'm ok with that. They have Cerner Millenium computer charting...gonna take some time to get the flow of it. But, at least I feel comfortable with the hospital and the type of patients. I went to John C.Lincoln North Mountain on Friday with the agency. Very nice and well organized...it was PCU so I only had 3 patients with an aide. They have paper charting so that was easy but they use something called a med station instead of the pyxis...it was ok. Sometime I amaze myself at what I can do...just walk in and start working. They are using the new Alaris IV pump, I had done an inservice on it about a year ago but had never had hands on. I went in and figured it out without asking anyone. It was a good feeling for this old dog. Just like the medication/ drip test I had to take my first day of orientation here. I thought since I had tested at my agency that I wouldn't have to take any tests at Good Sam. Plus my friend that is here and working at a different Banner Facility didn't have to take any additional tests when she started, so I thought I was in the clear. Nope...I had to take it...and it was all figuring mcg/kg/min or how many mcg the patient was getting given the ml/hr. I freaked...I don't do that on a daily basis. Plus, I have my cheat sheets. I couldn't get it for about 10 minutes I sit there sweating..then i just started at the top and did it. I probably did it the really really long way but, I did it and I passed. I was so proud of myself. Little things that make your day huh?
Remember non noc nocere.

3 comments:

travelRN said...

How are you liking Pheonix? Itraveledin Tucson for a while, I loved it! I am in Nor Cal now, it is pretty nice. I am not sure where I am off to next.

yoolp said...

Hope you like Pheonix a lot!

TravelingNurse said...

I'm liking Phoenix a lot. The weather is great, there's so much to do. I have worked across the valley and the hospitals are great.I highly reccommend Phoenix. Banner is a great system and I also enjoyed John C. Lincoln.