Friday, August 25, 2006

The Valley of the Sun

So, the valley of the sun...huh. Did somebody do a rain dance before I got here? Wow, I have never seen rain come off of a roof in a sheet. The roads were flooded but the ones I drove on were passable. It was also a spectacular lightning show. Then yesterday afternoon I was laying in the sun at the pool. Go figure.
The Banner Travel and registry has been wonderful. I went yesterday and met them. I had to do some testing and complete my paperwork. I signed my contract and even got my badge. I am so impressed with this company! They sat down and talked with me , gave me several numbers to call if I needed anything. I spoke with the housing person and with the human resources person and got signed up for my insurance as well. This is how it is supposed to work. I have never been treated so professionally by any other company I worked for. Not even the registries that I have worked for. The next closest would have to be the Cleveland office of Intelistaf. I went to their office and they really worked hard to try to find work for me. I sat down with them and they went over all the hospitals that they had contracts with, they asked which shift I would like to work and even got me in touch with their travel division.
Wednesday this week I went to the Phoenix branch of Intelistaf registry...what a different atmosphere. I didn't even get to sit down. The recruiter brought my paperwork out to a half wall by the entrance door to the office and had me sign my paperwork there. She didn't tell me which hospitals they service, didn't review their timesheets, or introduce me to the staffers (people who I will be dealing with to schedule my shifts). I was not impressed. Makes me think twice about whether I want to make them any money. Yes, I need to work, yeas I need the money but I'd like to be treated better. We'll see.
So, for now I am catching up on my blogging and email and gearing up for a long warm winter...I'll put up pics when my camera arrives.

No comments: