Saturday, August 12, 2006

Home again

Wow, it's weird to come back to your hometown again. I have been gone for 2 years, didn't think I was coming back anytime soon either. My husband and his great ideas...so, here we are awaiting a call from the Cleveland Clinic. Yeah, that's the down side of travel nursing, you can't always get where you want to be when you want to be there. I understand that the Clinic is a huge corporation and the bigger the corporation the more red tape and time it takes. It just would have been nice to know before we took off across the country (literally) in a big hurry. I was submitted to the Clinic on July 31...it is now August 12th. My company got an email while we were on the road that I was going to get an interview on Friday the 4th or Monday the 7th...neither happened. I did go to an agency to try to pick up some work this week. I have to go through orientation for most of the facilities and the one I did get scheduled for cancelled me.So, here I sit. Now I have to decide how much longer I am going to wait for the Clinic, or is fate telling me I don't belong in Cleveland right now? My company now tells me it can take 12 to 15 days for them to decide to call me. That would have been good information to know before we left California. We could have visited family along the way, taken our time, We got up every morning at 4am drove from 5am to 5pm and drove 2600 miles in 4 days. We saw the country, we drove the turnpike 80 from Reno to Cleveland. We did pass through Iowa, which is a state we haven't been through before, not very exciting, a lot of corn this time of year.So, we are pretty well covered on the central states...we've missed a few on the east coast and the upper northwest and a few of the southern states like Mississippi and Louisiana. I can't complain too much it has been really fun for the most part. I just hate the waiting game. Wish me luck.

No comments: