Saturday, April 26, 2008

Waitin on a contract

So, I'm waiting on 2 contracts right now. Number one is for the house pictured above. It is in the neighborhood right next to our apartment. It is a foreclosure and has been vacant for a year. Yeah, the pool is a little low and green... the weeds are a little high in this picture...luckily the HOA has since cut them down for us. The inspection is done but we are still waiting for the OK from the lender...so that's one contract. We are hoping to buy this house at a discount, live in it for a year or two and then sell it for a profit.
The second contract I am waiting for is from Banner for an extension to stay working at the hospital I am in now. About a month ago I asked my boss if she needed me for the summer and she said she wouldn't know for a few weeks. So, now that it is getting close to being a month away from the end of my contract, and with everyone elses contracts ending the end of May too, we are all getting a little nervous. I would just like to be able to stay at this facility for a little longer. I like the people I work with for the most part and the work is not very annoying. Let's just say I can tolerate it for a few months longer. At a increased rate of pay, because I will get a housing stipend instead of an apartment...that stipend should pay my mortgage, plus I will still get my same hourly rate. Of course at the other end I will not get a bunch of write offs for my next years taxes but, I'm ok with that.
All that aside I had a very phlegm filled week this week. Our cardiac unit has turned respiratory on me. I had 2 COPDer's , one CP and a suicide. Yesterday my suicide was discharged to inpatient psych and I got an ESLD. My least favorite was the 49 year old Cerebral Palsy patient...he was nice enough but barely functional and just coughing and coughing and I was so afraid he was going to choke when I fed him. Speech therapy said he was ok, just a delayed swallow, just not in my comfort zone. But, I have 2 days off and next week is another week.
Remember non noc nocere.


No comments: