Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Desert in bloom

What a great week! We went for a little nature hike one day and got to see the desert in bloom...some really vibrant colors. Not a lot of color, which makes it even bettre just splashes here and there. I had so much fun sitting by the pool and shopping with my niece. We took her to a little restaurant that we had gone to with our friends. They serve a lot of senior citizens...lots of cheap food...it was fun. We went to the workout room at the apartment complex and played racket ball as well. It was fun playing the cool Aunt.
Went back to work on Saturday and Sunday, nothing too exciting. The boss actually came in on Saturday. She told me one of my crazy patients had called administration and told them how nice I was. Yeah, how much weight does that statement hold when they know he's crazy? Does it just show my attraction for the bizarre? This is a guy who has been admitted to the hospital 15 times since the beginning of the year...not to mention all the times he was in the ED and was not admitted...for chest pain. When I had him he got a Psych eval and the Psychiatrist even said he was and odd bird...she couldn't tell if he was schizophrenic, drug seeking or just plain odd.At least he didn't tell them I was crazy,huh?
Headed to class today...at least I got to sleep in. It's a refresher so, hopefully I'll retain something. Then tomorrow, it's back out to the pool. Yeah, traveling sucks.
Remember first do no harm.

1 comment:

travelnursingblogs said...

I just came across your blog and think it is great. I just wanted to let you know I will be adding it to my blogroll at travelnursingblogs.com. Thanks for all the great content about travel nursing.