Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Crunch time


It's almost time to leave the cactus behind us. 10 more days to go. I am still in the hunt for a job, but have decided to take whatever Columbus will give me and work with an agency as well. Luckily, I am working with Intelistaf, who does both. So, if no travel contracts come up I can still work. Agency or registry work is more flexible too.
It's been a rough week. Some really difficult patients, not that they were necessarily very sick but, their personalities were difficult. I really don't like being yelled at by patients or families, luckily I was able to keep my cool and defuse the situations without making them worse. Sometimes it works in my favor, sometimes nothing works.
I will miss my coworkers the most from this assignment. Some I knew from my last trip here but, a lot of new friends. There are some outstanding nurses at Good Sam, I feel lucky to have been able to work with them. I also worked with some fantastic nurses aids and secretaries. I wish I had the time and space to name them all...but I would rather just say thank you and if you ever have the opportunity to work on Tele (the first floor or the 5th floor) it's a great atmosphere. I hope to come back in the fall once the weather gets cooler. We'll see what the rest of the year brings.
My husband and I were discussing leaving Phoenix last night on our drive home. I am so lucky to have that time to relax after work. Most people have to walk to their car and fight traffic and be alert on their commute home, I get to step out the door and into the truck, relax and pet my dog on the way home. We will miss the mountains and the scenery. On our drive to work and home we pass through a small mountain, and as you crest the hill you can see all of Phoenix. It's awesome to see all the airplanes in the sky in the evening on our way home...there's usually 6 or 7 just staged across the sky waiting to land. We will also miss the weather, last week was hot in the 90's but this week has been 70 and 80 and always a big blue sky. But I'm in the job to travel...so, will keep you posted. Remember, non noc nocere.

2 comments:

JLeonard said...

Hey, thnking of coming to Arizona. What are your thoughts. any places to stay away from.What about Tucson?

TravelingNurse said...

I love the weather here in Arizona. The only advice I have is that I love working at Banner(especially Good Samaritan), I have heard good things about St.Joes as well. I have not heard anything positive about St.Lukes or Maryville(or Maryvale not sure on the spelling) or The county hospital here in Phoenix.I have not been to Tucson but I haven't heard anything bad.Good luck, try to get out before it hits 120 degrees.