Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A change of pace


Well sports fans...this is one of the things I will miss when I leave Ohio. I am a huge Cleveland sports fan, sad but true. I love the Indians and the Browns. I love to watch Ohio State football as well. I think I got it from my mother. Funny thing is I married a guy who doesn't know sports. He could care less if it's football season or baseball season. He does, however, care about keeping me happy...which is most important...cuz we all know if the wife ain't happy...ain't nobody happy. So, Saturday night at work he text messaged me with a picture of an Indians ticket and asked me if I wanted to go. It helped me get through the night I tell ya. Sunday was a little rough, trying to sleep in the truck while he drove the 2 1/2 hours to Cleveland. It was typical Cleveland weather, gray and cool and a little damp but, I didn't care. Our seats were pretty good for being free. Oh, yeah, he got them off of Craig's list for free. My sister and her boyfriend go to all the games, he has season tickets, so we went to see them after the 7th inning stretch. That's were we got the first picture...just an awesome view. Plus, the Indians won!!! It was a great day.
Now we are in the hunt for a new job. I am not thrilled with my company, or my recruiter, so we are searching elsewhere. One company I am trying is called Nurse choice..check out their website..www.nursechoice.com. It gives you the pay rate right on the first page. I have been submitted to Tucson AZ, St.Mary's hospital. Almost all the hospitals in AZ belong to an association who decides the pay for the state it's 28 or 30/hr. This particular hospital doesn't belong to the association so they can pay more, which is the only reason I would consider heading back to the desert in June and July. Ok, maybe it's not the only reason, I do miss my friends..you know who you are. And it's not far to drive to Phoenix to see them.
I am considering a couple of other companies, we'll see what they come up with. I don't enjoy the hunt. It's like looking for a new car. You know what you want and the money you want but no one seems to have the exact thing so, you have to pick from what they have to offer. It can be frustrating. And, the closer you get to the time you want to leave, the more frustrating it gets. Will keep you updated.
Remember first do no harm.

No comments: