Sunday, May 27, 2007

Holidays

I will miss seeing all the scarlet and gray when I leave here. Maybe I'll be back for football season...probably not though. The work here is just not worth it. I work twice as hard here as in the west for half the cash. The gray also describes the sky most days. I still don't know why people stay here all their lives...the weather really pretty much stinks.
So, the holiday is Monday, but, if you work night shift, the holiday is Sunday night. This hospital pays all 12 hours of holiday pay on Sunday. Guess who doesn't get to work in Sunday? The travelers. But, we're scheduled Friday and Saturday, Monday and Tuesday...pretty slick. If it was Christmas or New Years you can bet we would have been scheduled. Just a little irritating, makes me want to call off on Monday night.
The morale is just so awful on the unit it can be so draining. All night hearing nothing but complaints being thrown freely about the floor. You would think they would complain to someone who could change things, like their boss. But, instead they just complain about her. Just one more reason not to become staff, it's too easy to get caught up in the complaining and I just don't want to go there.
I am still waiting to hear from a hospital in California for an interview. The company I was with in Arizona will take me back, but, I have to come down a week early to get another physical (which was done in August of last year) and take a couple of tests. At this point, I am not willing to give up a week of pay to do that. I think it's totally ridiculous since I was there less than 3 months ago. I suppose I could go back to the same hospital with a different company but the pay would be $4 less an hour. It's a toss up...maybe I'll just wait till it's cooler there like I originally planned. I will be missing my friends though, hopefully they won't mind too much and we can pick right up where we left off. I will probably end up going there alone as well so, it could be a totally different experience. My husband will most likely be staying behind here in Columbus to further a new business we started. We've done it before, it's not fun, but you have to be willing to do what it takes to get the end result you want.I would just like to work a little less hard for my money, ya know?
Hope you all have a great holiday or at least got some good holiday pay. Remember first do no harm.

1 comment:

JLeonard said...

Hate that you are having a bad trip to Ohio. Hopefully things will work out for you and Arizona will be just around the corner.