Friday, August 31, 2007

2 more weeks and counting

I don't have the updated pictures of the bathroom yet, because my poor husband has been too busy to get them out of his camera and email them to me. He did send this picture over my phone (I love technology) to me while I was at work the other day. We have some landscaping finally...the tree root was actually dug out later the same day but I didn't get an updated pic. The bathroom is ready for paint and the flooring will go in Tuesday morning. The furnace and central air will be in tomorrow. Things are coming together. The guy who is going to put down the floor in the bath might also do the kitchen. He owns/manages about 25 rental properties himself and he might have a renter for our place already. I will be so happy. Only one mortgage payment and to have it done and rented would be awesome!
Yeah, I'm working my butt off. They aren't letting me slack off at all these last couple of weeks either. It's been busier than ever. I have missed lunch a couple of times this week and left after 8pm yesterday. Tomorrow is day #5 this week...then I get a day off...woohoo. I have to spend it doing laundry because I have no more white uniforms that are clean. They get me in whatever I can find tomorrow... These patients are really sick. They are so poor and don't get any health care whatsoever. The ER is their primary source of health care. Lots of them have never been to the doctor and they are in their 70's. This week was also drama queen week. My goodness these women can carry on. We had this one "diva" who was yelling and throwing things. She was calling out to every doctor who got off the elevator...Are you my doctor?...they all answered no..but really thought I hope not. She would ring for the nurse every 10 or 15 minutes, literally. Then all she would say is I want to see my nurse. Of course the nurse she had was very shy and timid...it was sad to watch really. Even the nurse manager and the acting DON couldn't handle her. It's amazing this clientele here. They get away with so much that anywhere else they wouldn't put up with. Guess that's why I can't wait to go back to civilization.
I got my apartment and my cable and my plane ticket...I'm ready to go. I wish I could drive out to Phoenix with my husband, I'd love to stop in Oklahoma and see my family..but, he will have to drive out with the dog on his own. The house won't be ready in 12 days.And he has to stay to finish up. At least my traveler friends will be there...they arrive on the 7th or 8th. I'm being daring. My flight is the morning of the 17th and I have to be at the hospital for my physical at 1300, my plane lands at 1030. I hope there are no delays. I have gotten set up with an agency to work for the first week and I told them I would give them at least one 12hr shift a week for the next 13weeks. The recruiter sounds pretty new. So new in fact that he was flirting with me over the phone after he saw my drivers license picture...not very professional. But, if he can get me work I'll be happy. Wish me luck...non noc nocere.

No comments: