Saturday, August 18, 2007

This week in Richmond Virginia


Just a few shots of the progress....

Hey all, it's been really hot here. And really busy. the heat is keeping the hospital full. I have been able to get in some overtime...5 tweleves last week and 6 this week. I am TIRED. I couldn't do them all in a row...I had 3 on and one off then 4 on and one off...I will be getting 5 in a row off this coming week. Headed back to Columbus to check out the remodel. Then I will have just 2 weeks left here in Virginia...then it's off to Phoenix. I already have my job and apartment and utilities lined up...that's the way it should be. I don't know why some of the companies make it so difficult.


My new traveler friend that is here is pretty miserable and home sick...I told her to tell her recruiter how she feels. And gave her some advise about ending her contract early. I have done it,only 2 times and it was on the last few days or last 2 weeks of the contract. Each one I was paying for housing so, the company didn't ask for a dime back. You have to check the fine print on the contract though. Every company is different. I wouldn't make a habit of it, although I have met travelers who have and still manage to find jobs. But, if you are really miserable or fear for your license, you can leave, the company can't stop you from leaving.









2 comments:

JLeonard said...

wow...Looks like you have your work cut out for you. Hope it goes as planned. Tell your friend to look into Aureus Medical. They have done me pretty good. Pass on my e-mail to her if she wants it. Jim

TravelingNurse said...

Thanks for the good wishes. I will tell her about Aureus. Have a safe trip.